A famous scenic spot in Yunnan, once featured in elementary school Chinese textbooks, tickets are not required, but few people know.
With development of tourism industry in my country getting better and better, all kinds of scenic spots are available to meet needs of tourists. Many scenic spots are crowded with people and some tourists want to enjoy beautiful scenery no matter what. how far they are. Combined with increase in internet celebrity attractions, scenic spots are getting even busier.
Speaking of tourist areas, most popular tourist province is Yunnan. Some time ago, Xishuangbanna attracted countless girls who registered and took pictures. Nowadays, people's demands for tourist attractions are getting higher and higher, they travel mainly to rest and find happiness for themselves.
So I will definitely be optimistic about guide. Think, are you same? After all, picturesque places with a lot of negative reviews are not in our consideration, but it is very rare to say that there are no negative reviews. Today I'm going to introduce you to a attraction without bad reviews that everyone should check out.
It once appeared in our elementary school textbook, would you like to look through these Chinese textbooks now to see what other sights there are, is it also a good way to promote, straight official? a good choice. This attraction is Cuihu Park.
1. Location of park
Cuihu Park has a special geographical position. It is opposite Yunnan University. The rating of visit here is raised to a new level. After all, it is opposite university, and it is also located in Yunnan Kunming, capital of China.
It was not originally called Cuihu Park, it went through several periods, and its name changed from Caihaizi at beginning, later to Yuanzi, and now to Cuihu. No matter how its name changes, it remains same, but it is getting better, better and more popular.
Second, history of park
1. During Yuan Dynasty: This lake is still part of Dianchi Lake. Later, when water level in Dianchi Lake dropped, lake became aground and formed a lake of its own. Since there are many rice fields, vegetable gardens and lotus ponds nearby, this place was called "Caihaizi".< /strong>This is also name of Green lakes at beginning.
2. Ming Dynasty: In park, in 1382, when army built a city here, they planned a lake in city and named it "Nine Dragon Pool". strong>, which is also his middle name, but sounds nice compared to Cai Haizi. However, Jiulongchi is not exactly same as current Green Lake.
3. During period of Republic of China: Green Lake was turned into a large garden. To highlight beauty of garden, they planted a large number of trees and flowers here, and planted various lotus flowers in lake for people to watch. Looking at whole lake from a height, one gets feeling that although it is green, it is still clean to bottom, but very unique.
As time goes by, more and more people recognize beauty and uniqueness of this place, and people also called it "Tsuihu", which sounds more elegant. Today, it has also become a public park where locals can walk and play.
Third, characteristics of park
Cuihu Lake, which is part of Dianchi Lake, after changes became a beautiful lake in its own right, and a park was created for it, which is also most beautiful park in area. Kunming is warm all year round, like spring. Naturally, red flowers and green leaves are not exposed here, as in north, so it is very beautiful here all year round.
1. Difference from traditional tourist areas: Its biggest feature is that it is at foot of a mountain, and there are tourist facilities in park for tourists to relax. Green water, green mountains, lush flowers and leaves are naturally very good travel destinations for tourists to relax.
People willingly come here to play, and rating is also good, at least there are no bad reviews, which means that compared to other tourist attractions, Cuihu Park has obvious advantages. Word of mouth is good too.
2. The old man and seagull. This article appeared in our elementary school Chinese textbooks. It may not be clear to most people that article mentions a green lake. Here you can play one of famous tourist parks in Cuihu Scenic Area for free also thanks to this article.
Natural gulls are also star animals of this place. Every winter, thousands of seagulls from north spend winter in Cuihu Lake, which gives Cuihu Lake endless interest. The locals consider seagulls to be their good friends, they are especially taken care of and fed, and local regulations do not allow catching seagulls. Since temperature here is mild in winter, it is especially suitable for seagulls.
3. Museum of History of Tap Water: Located in Jiulongchi, on Cuihu Lake, it was built on site of first pumping station of Kunming Waterworks. This is a museum dedicated to tap water. story. Through images, texts, diagrams, documents, and outdated water production equipment, it shows the historical development of Kunming tap water. Friends who are interested can visit it.
A beautiful landscape is not just a place touted on Internet, a lot of unknown stories can be hidden in such an ordinary city park. I hope you can go to Cuihu Park to enjoy beautiful scenery here, and also pay attention to parks near your home, maybe new discoveries are waiting for you.